Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How Much is That Doggie in the Window? Will he mind that I won't be debt free until 2014?

What's up blogfans? Do you think of yourselves as blogfans? I'm glad you do. And I like that this is an interactive experience for all, for example, last week, I got this advice about my blog:
You should take your blog and turn it into a book. Then you should turn that book into a musical. Then you should take that musical and make it a movie. Then that movie should have Lauren Graham starring as you.
This came to me by way of a really smart relative of mine (thanks Sus!) who thinks Lauren Graham and I share the gift of speedy talking and quick witted humor. This is what I mean, people. The blog is about all of you creating ideas. Great ideas. About me.

Anyway, today was a fairly good day. Rock of Ages continued to provide us with good material in the office. Never a dull moment. After work, I headed down to Stomp where I'm filling in a bit this weekend. Why would I agree to take on CM duties at another show? Well, first of all, I love the Stomp people. Those are some good people. And second of all...who doesn't need the money?

This leads me to what I have just spent the last 2 hours doing. And that is trying to find a way to pull myself out of debt. With the aggressive new budget I just made for myself...it could happen by May 2010. Ugh! Who needs that?! But, it must happen. I'm glad that the first cc will be paid in full in January, followed by number two in August. Then it's just that stubborn Amex card that remains. Of course, after spending two hours sorting my expenses into categories on my bank's website so I could better create a reasonable/livable budget, I thought it would be funny to throw my grad school loans into my net worth calculator. Bad news folks. If you were planning to put a hit out on me and take all my worldly assets. I'm afraid you'd be left with Tivo, the Wii, my pretty blue Ikea dresser, my best friend - tv, and an oceanful of payments expected by the Brazos County Branch of US National Bank until August 2014.

Of course, it goes without saying that after 2014, I will totally be wo
rth taking a hit out on.

Also noted in spinning through 12+ months of receipts. I've been to Starbucks in no fewer than 19 states, Canada, and 5 cities in England. Is that a problem? Or just an addicition? In any case, that's a lot of lattes (latta lattes?)

Alright, it's beyond past my bedtime, and I have a big day tomorrow. 30 minute run (well, 20 min walk/10 min run), then I'm catching up with my super successful grad school classmates (a lot of the reason the debt is worth it!) Sleep well out there everyone. Get to casting my romantic lead in the movie. Reference the entry below for the description. :)

PS Forgot to add a super shout-out to my [tos]sers who conquered all sorts of vampires and rocked it out at Broadway on Broadway this past Sunday. It was well worth sweltering in the middle of 7th Avenue to hear my cute show fully orchestrated. Have I mentioned I love those guys?

No comments: