Monday, February 15, 2010

Grace has Bob's dead wife's heart!

That's right folks, two days in a row. It's a miracle! Anyway, I'm lounging around enjoying this beautiful President's Day morning. I have to go into the theatre tonight, but having two days in a row off when you work in theatre seems like an eternity!! I've been doing the theatrical schedule for so long now, that I really don't mind having just one day off. Though, I must admit that now that there are two of us CMs, the fact that we can switch off so we each get a weekend day AND Wednesdays off, I feel like I'm living the company manager glamour life.

Anyway, this morning found me enjoying the last of my almond coffee (thanks Mom!) and watching the end of Cheaper by the Dozen. A movie, that without fail, I cry at the end of every. single. time. I mean, come on! Steve Martin - a family favorite. And Bonnie Hunt. I fully believe that if you turned any woman in my family into a movie star, that movie star would be Bonnie Hunt. I've never seen a movie of hers that I didn't enjoy. Ok, maybe Jumanji. But seriously, love. her. Anyway, that reminded me of one of those wonderful days off that I happened upon her talk show. She had some random dr. life your best life guy on, but before she introduced him, she shared this story:









I'll give you a moment to compose yourself! Is that not the GREATEST story ever? I wanted to call Bonnie Hunt and tell her that I literally could not stop myself from crying OR from wanting to be her best friend. After my dad passed away (also suddenly. also from a heart attack.) Mom, Em, and I watched Return to Me approximately 30,000 times. It's such a sweet movie, with the funny Chicago/Midwest/Irish humor that helped us get through the difficult times. We loved the quote that she mentioned in the video "It's the character that's the strongest that God gives the most challenges to. Now you can take that as a compliment." Genius. We watched it again this Christmas with Nick's family, post-second robbery. And almost 10 years later, it STILL helps cheer us up!

Anyway, just felt like I should share that with the masses. I have found myself telling people similar stories about a greater power pulling the strings of my life, especially around that time. Sometimes, it's just a good reminder.

No comments: