Monday, May 12, 2008

Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work we go!

Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes.  After way to many Top Chef marathons, I am now back among the employed people of the New York theatre scene.  I received a few emails from some of my theatre friends (how nice is it to know there are people looking out for you!) leading me to my new position as the company manager for Neil LaBute's play reasons to be pretty.  

I just watched the first run though on Friday, and it's great.  They are teching done at the Lortel now, and we get underway on Wednesday night.

I love starting a new job.  Knowing that when I pack up for the day, knowing that everything on my list is accomplished.  How rare a feeling is that?  I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time I felt that way.  So, that's cool.  The new people at my office are great, and I ended up having a million connections to the theatre that I never knew about.  I love becoming a part of this world!  I finally feel that I've been working long enough to be like, "oh right, I know them!"  Seriously, a giant shoutout to my people at the Vineyard and MTC for being those connections that brought me to this job!  I am so grateful to have such amazing people watching my back.  It's moments like this when I realize just how cool of an industry I work in.

No comments: