Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Waiting Game

Oh la la. I'm not a particularly patient person. In fact, instant gratification is something I have a very close relationship to. So, these past few weeks since my big interview with the Legally Blonde crew have been SO crazy. Thankfully, I have the great people down at MCC and the Lortel to help me pass the time, and I was actually content with knowing the Legally Blonde decision would be made "sometime around June 1." Fooling myself into putting something out of my mind is a concept I'm getting a little better at.

Of course, the problem with that is that usually life has other plans for your mind. This kink in my plan came in the way of a voicemail I was checking while waiting for my latte to be brewed at the Starbucks on 43rd and 8th. It was the CM from the LB tour telling me that they haven't decided yet, but will have a final decision by Tuesday. Oh, and it's down to me and one other person. My insides flipped upside down with sudden nervousness. Why did that happen? I was just fine living in my little oblivious world, and now suddenly, I have a constant countdown running in my head. Yikes. So anyway, I have told myself that if they don't choose me, it will be from some random external thing that is so far out of my control, but let's face it...can anyone else imagine this other person being better suited for the job? Me and all my pink, sparkly clothing say no.

It is weird thinking that somewhere out in the NYC void, there is someone else going through their Memorial Day weekend waiting for the same decision to come through on Tuesday. Life is random.

Anyway, besides that, life is going just fine. I'm still trying to kick this obnoxious cold. I may have pushed it a little too far this week, what with the midnight showing of Indy, followed by a late night on Friday with my boys, but what can I say? I'm not turning down those great times out with my friends just because of a stupid cold.

Alright, it's time for me to get ready for work, then choir. Peace out from Astoria on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.

No comments: