Monday, May 19, 2008

Can someone pick me up some Kleenex?

Well, it was bound to happen, I suppose.  After spending my weekend in the teeny, tiny box office down at the Lortel with my box office treasurer, who I love, but who was also sporting a fever all weekend, I'm spending my treasured day off in bed with a stupid cold.  I'm supposed to be volunteering at the MTC Gala tonight, so I'm hoping I can pull it together by then.  

I'm mostly blaming this insane weather NYC has been having lately.  60 on Monday, 45 on Tuesday, 80 on Wednesday, sun, rain, snow.  (ok, no snow, but I needed a third weather element to balance out my list).  I am so over walking around in the freezing rain though.  Gross.  Good think I bought cute new pink rainboots.  They do make it a little easier to cope.

All is well down at the theatre.  The show seems to be in great shape.  I haven't stayed to watch the whole thing yet, and they are still making cuts and adjustments and things, but what I have seen looks tres good.  It's a fun group down at the Lortel, which makes all the difference.  I've been lucky to have really fantastic FOH (front of house) staffs in all my theatres here in New York.  It can be really boring spending your entire weekend inside a theatre, so a great camaraderie is a wonderful thing.

I'm going to see if I can pull myself together for the show tonight.  An update to follow later on whether or not I pass out into my chicken dinner.

No comments: