Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How to Make me Laugh for at least 10 minutes.

Ok folks, I made it back safely from the MTC Gala.  The only thing that was horrifying was watching 4 people usurp my taxis on the corner of 6th Ave and 55th Street.  Come on!  You can't just run across the street and into a cab when someone is waiting there.  I finally gave up and walked my cold, tired, and sick self down to 5th Ave, where people were a lot less rude.  (I did look awesome though, thanks to my sister trying to make me look a little bit less like the walking dead.)  Also, many thanks to her for insisting I take 2 wraps with me.  She's a smart little cookie that Emily.
And onto my most hilarious moment of the day.  I say this much, it all started with this little bottle of Afrin.  Around 1:00 this morning, as I was opening up my third box of Kleenex, my nose said to me, "Please, please, please...no more sneezing!"  I have to say, I agreed, and as I looked at my face in the mirror, the poor thing was all red.  So, I opened my medicine cabinet for my last weapon against my stupid cold.  Afrin.  Now, I bought this to use a good six months ago, but was so scared of it, I never opened the box.  Today was the day I was going to conquer my fear.  Or so I thought.

I stood in my kitchen making my 4th cup of tea, and thought, I'll just "ready, go" as I wait for the water to boil.  What followed was a good 10 minutes of me trying to get up the courage to spray this stuff up my nose.  Eeeek!  So creepy.  Seriously, I would try to spray, and my nose would just be working in complete opposition to me the entire time.  This was making me laugh so much, which in turn, made it harder to do.  Every time I would barely spray, I'd end up pulling at least 90% of the bottle away from my face, and Afrin would drip all over my kitchen counter.  I'm proud to say that after 10 minutes of chasing myself around the kitchen, I think I managed to get at least .25mL into my actual sinuses.  I'm hoping it's enough to completely cure me, since Lord knows I can't do it again.

Any tips or tricks of the trade to help with this?  I was reminded of that Friends episode when Rachel has to put those eye drops in.  We would be good friends in real life.



Now that I've finished typing this, it occurs to me that this story is probably much funnier to me than it will be to my reading audience.  But seriously, if you're ever having a bad day, you should ask me to do this with the Afrin.  It will make you laugh.

No comments: