Friday, February 6, 2009

Your Wii Fit Age is...

True or false. Drinking two large glasses of wine negates my hour spent on Wii Fit tonight? I'd like to think the French way in that it's helping my heart. Score. That's right though, I did spend an entire hour on Wii Fit tonight. Because it's so f'ing cold here in NYC. My trusty computer tells me it's currently 18 degrees, and because I am a poor company manager, I can't afford a gym membership, so I have to rely on the weather being kind to me outside. But, I just can't do even a tiny run in this freezing cold weather. Whatever semblance of cough I've gotten over comes back as full force cold-exercise induced asthma (self diagnosed, bien sur.) It's brutal. That's okay, after a few sassy remarks about how long it's been since I've worked out from the Wii Fit, I was owning those yoga poses. Note to self: must remember I am totally going to own the "plank" exercise by the end of February.

Speaking of the end of February, my 30th birthday is looming in the not-so-distant future. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm certain that my 30s are going to kick-ass. For starters, I'm opening a Broadway show. Lifetime goal of making it on Broadway by age 30: check! Next plan: total theatrical domination. I'm looking forward to it.

Did y'all notice my new blog title? That's right, the Broadway edition. Just one short year after starting this blog, I've made it to Broadway. Pretty sweet. Speaking of which, did you buy your tickets today? We are totally, officially on sale!! Go out and get a ticket. Previews are only $45, you can't beat that for an evening of rockin' 80s music. Please! Complete recession pricing. I love. Go here and enter code PROCK. Genius. (PS In going to TM to get the ticket link, I saw a flash ad for Taylor Swift's concert. I totally want to go to this. Anyone with me? I know you NYC country music fans are out there. Don't deny your love for that twangy sound.)

Also, did you see the new artwork logo yet? I'm posting it here because I can! It's AWESOME!

What else is going in my life? We had a Superbowl party here, where we had 15 people in our apartment. I was worried that people would be sad we only had 4 chairs, but thankfully, we had about 40 cases of beer, so I think one negated the worry of the other. Brilliant.

I saw IN THE HEIGHTS last week because I found myself in need of a little theatrical inspiration. Have you seen this show? GO RIGHT NOW! It was incredible! I've been listening to the cd nonstop for about 3 months, and now I can't turn it off. I am absolutely in love with it. Totally original and heartfelt. Even all the way in the back row of the orchestra, I was totally moved. And get this, completely sold out performance. Theatre isn't as dead as people may want to lament that it is. I love that I work in an industry that will support a Washington Heights/Latin-inspired musical AND a kick-ass musical based on all 80s music. Rock on Broadway, rock on.

I've moved desks in the office to my very own little cubicle. I feel very important and grown up. I only wish that I was able to move without 900 piles of paperwork, because I don't feel very settled in. I was just like, "Oh, I had piles over there, and now I have piles over here." Eventually, I will become a company manager who keeps everything in clear plastic folders so I know where it is a moment's notice. (I'm looking at you Jason.)

Does anyone have any fun plans for the 3 day weekend coming up? I'm getting my haircut and covering STOMP. Awesome.

I suppose that's all for now. I'm going to go back to my wine and Whose Line is It Anyway? Genius.

No comments: