Saturday, February 7, 2009

It Doesn't Take Much

Some things that have made me smile this week:
  • My running socks have a left and a right. I don't know why this makes me laugh so much, but it does. I think it's because I like to have order in my world.
  • Domino's Pizza has named me a MVP. I got a free medium pizza out of it and a letter from the Astoria branch manager thanking me for my valued patronage. Is this something I should be worried about? I choose to be honored.
  • My In the Heights cd. My Spanish now includes phrases like "no me diga" and "piragua." I'm ready for my vacation in Cancun now. It's also the perfect cd to accompany my run. I'm encouraged to get in good enough shape that I can sing along with the entire first track as I jog through Astoria. It's 7 minutes and 39 seconds long. It's not messing around. I'm also looking forward to changing my running music to the Rock of Ages cast recording. Wait. What have you heard?
  • HDTV - much like TiVo, I'm not sure how I lived before it. Now if I can just get the sound to keep up with it.
  • My sassy Wii Fit.
  • The fact that I can synch my runs on the computer. Nike - it's like the best thing that's ever happened to me!
And on that note, I'm off for a run in this beautiful weather. I'm also thankful that it's no longer 16 degrees outside. Enjoy your Saturdays everyone!

No comments: