Monday, June 9, 2008

So many thoughts!

I have had the wonderful fortune of having the best weekend ever. Leaving out that it has been a stiffling 95+ here in NYC this weekend, I couldn't ask for more.

To start with, my sister Emily, and her boyfriend Nick got engaged last night at the Empire State Building. Amazing. I have pretty much been crying since I knew it was happening. Tears of happiness of course. We all know I'm a crier, happy/sad, it doesn't matter. Just thinking about it makes me tear up. I'm so very, very, very happy for them!!! Em was completely surprised, and it was totally amazing! It's still a little surreal to me, so I can't imagine what the two of them must be thinking, but wow! I'm getting a brother-in-law. And a tenor, no less. At least I'll never be in need of someone to harmonize with, and let's face it, harmony is v important in my life.

Secondly this weekend, I was surrounded by a zillion great friends. It's just so nice to spend time with people who know you and love you for who you are. I know it sounds a little lame, but seriously, is there anything better in the world than just laughing for hours on end of ridiculous things? I love that despite my random theatrical schedule, that my life still contains such fun times at Blockheads or at the social after Mass. (Go ahead and knock it, but they serve wine and mini-hotdogs, and it's a FANTASTIC way for me to catch up with my choral friends. :) )

Ok, I'm heading to bed now before a well-deserved day-off. We're opening the balcony at reasons to be pretty this weekend because we're doing so well! Holla! It's amazing news for a well-deserved play, but I've been doing house seat orders in my sleep, so I'm looking forward to a day off.

Peace out y'all!

No comments: