Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Manhattan McGyver

Y'all. I'm a genius. I hate to brag about this, but it must be said. Today, I was doing some shopping in the Apple Store on 5th Ave, and some random non-English speaking tourist stepped on my left foot and broke my sandal. Like completly pulled the flip out of my flop (I just made that up, see? Brilliant.) Anyway, as much as I would have enjoyed stopping by Bergdorff Goodman just across the street, you may notice this blog is titled the "Non-Profit Edition." As in, I have no profit from my job, so that was going to be out of the question.

If I could just make it down to the J Crew at Rockefeller Center, I could grab a new pair of flip flops. But that's about 10 blocks away! How am I going to get there? I honestly could not keep my shoe on my foot. So, I dig through my purse and find: dental floss! So, I tied my
shoe to my left foot with about 3 feet of minty dental floss, and slowly, but surely walked my way down to 47th Street. I was very proud of myself and my resourceful New York thinking.

My new flip flops are super cute pink with white polka dots. They set me back a small fortune (as things at J Crew tend to do), but I just thought about it as a reward to myself for being just on my game.

PS Susan Sarandon was at my show last night. When she came to my window to pick up her tickets, I was beside myself. Holy cow! Then, when I came home, Dead Man Walking was on tv. Crazy coincidence. People named Susan are amazing. That is the conclusion of this entry. (Hi cousin Susan, I mean you too!)

Night from Astoria, I'm exhausted from being so awesome.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Um, that is brilliant. And your new flip flops are totally cute :-)

Unknown said...

Susan's really are exceptional people. Sincerely, Susan

Anonymous said...

i went "Bwahhahaha" when i read "pulled the flip out of my flop". Just thought you should know...
-Erin :)