Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catching up on the Blog

Well, well, well blogfans. I've been called out by at least 4 people (my entire readership?) for not updating this blog in three weeks, so here I am, back online to share what's going on in the world since ROA opened and [tos] closed. Currently, I'm sitting on the couch with my sister watching Smallville and helping pick out china patterns. I'm planning on just having Em register for two of everything, so she can share any duplicates with me. Or, do they have a maid of honor registry? Things I need to look in on for sure. What would I register for? Maybe a speaker system for tv. He needs some friends out here in the living room. I think that the Wii is still keeping him company, but everyone loves shiny new electronics!!

Anyway, last week, the Cafferty clan visited NYC because Pat was running in the marathon. The trip came complete with supernanny cousin Susan along for the flight. It was a great way to spend my first weekend off since ROA opened. What's that you say? You'd like to see some pictures. Of course! I'm always happy to oblige! Sus and I took our standard "Susan sandwich" picture skills to a new level by involving the Empire State Building into the mix. We then met up with another one of Sus' cousins for a night out on the town. The next morning, Kristin, Jack, and Bridget stopped by Astoria for a look at the new apartment, wedding planning, real Astoria diner experience, and then to Manhattan to catch Pat's finish in the marathon. We then hit a bar up on the UWS with a million other marathon runners (trust me, the only way I would celebrate running a marathon). We then bid farewell to the fam (in too short of a visit to be sure!)

What else? Did y'all hear the news about our new president?! How exciting is that? I decided to catch the results at Rockefeller Center. You know anywhere that they are painting an ice skating rink as returns come in is where I want to be. It was a great decision, as it was electric to be surrounded by so many people! You could feel the current of energy for hours, and I was glad I decided to fight the crowds to be there for the momentous event.

Coming up next on my social agenda - a week long visit to Texas for my best friend Amber's wedding next Saturday, a visit by my company to Late Night with Conan O'Brien (watch it Friday, Nov. 14!!), bridesmaid dress shopping with Em, and today - covering the matinee, then off to see Aaron and Amy and the US Naval Academy's Men's Glee Club Concert. Fun times!!

No comments: