Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Are You Watching This Show Yet?

Seriously, y'all. I loves my tv. But, since going on tour, I've learned to reduce my ocd tendencies down to manageable few shows that I could download on iTunes from the company management office in whatever city I happen to be in. As a result of that, I now have a top three list of tv shows that I can't miss. Period. It's hard to get into the list these days, but every now and then, a gem slips in there. I'm not ranking these because I love them all equally for many different reasons:
  • The Office - I've blogged here before about my love of Jim from this show. Plus moments like this:

  • 30 Rock - You all know that Tina Fey is my total hero. I used to have her Amex print ad as the desktop on my computer, and fully love the fact that we both keep notes on random post-it notes all over the place.

  • How I Met Your Mother - Neil Patrick Harris is enough reason to turn on this show, but the clever writing and quick with will keep you tuned in. Don't believe me? Check out what you could be missing:


Is that not the most amazing thing you've ever seen? I can watch it a million times and never grow tired of it. What shows do you think I should try out readers? I obviously value shows that are quick witted and smart (Arrested Development was once on this list). If they have that kind of writing and can throw in a tall, dorky, lovable guy into the mix, all the better. Add in characters that have the possibility of breaking out into showtunes, and I'm won over for life. (I really feel that is possible on any and all of the above shows.)

An aside for my readers. Want to know how this blog got posted? I'm currently awake at 2:44am watching reruns of Will and Grace while NOT packing for Texas. My flight does leave at 11:05am, so I still feel I have plenty of time, but why is it that I, a seasoned traveler, feel it necessary to put off packing for so long. I know it will just end up stressing me into another sleepless night. I blame my father for this ritual. Mr. Last Minute Post Office himself. If I think about it that way, then it isn't so bad. So, I'll let the dryer finish up on the clothes I am trying to pack for tomorrow, and get a few minutes of sleep dreaming of the 79 degree weather I'm about to enjoy!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I've said it before...Eli Stone. Takes a bit more of a committment being an hour, but hello...people burst into song all the time!

Gee said...

How can you NOT be watching "Pushing Daisies"?? It has a ton full on B'way STARS... (the original Audrey even) a dorkey cute guy, fantastic colorful visuals, and PIE!!! Susan you let me down on this one. Oh and I love me some Mad Men… very witty, takes place in NYC, tons of boozing and has a bunch of naughty Catholics… and again why would you NOT watch?