Thursday, July 24, 2008

I know, I know

I'm way behind on my blogging. Between closing reasons to be pretty and spending 11 days in Green Bay, Wisconsin loving how adorable my goddaughter has become, I just had to but the blog on the back burner. But, never fear! I'm back!

And what better way to start off my return than by directing you to ANOTHER blog that posted a message about a comment I left. Those of you who haven't heard me rambling on about how much I love Ken Daveneport's blog haven't been paying me much attention, for I find myself quoting from it all the time and constantly asking people if they've been reading it.

For those of you who DON'T know (or who have been tuning me out), he's the producer of Altar Boyz, and Awesome 80s Prom, and the new Jason Robert Brown musical Thirteen (or is it 13? I can't remember). Anyway, here's his complete bio. You should really all go and read his blog (the link is also on my sidebar) and embrace all the fun and interesting entries. Seriously, I'll be trying to engage you in conversation about it soon. Seriously.

Anyway, if you read today's entry, you'll see a shoutout to me (though anonymous) as his favorite suggestion about what to write about. That's right! That was MY comment! I feel famous and smart. And nerdy.

Ok, I hope this finds all of you well. For those of you following the Susan job path: I finished my last day of training at MCC today and headed down to Blue Man Group to recapture the feeling of being 23. More on this later, but I'm temping down there until my new job starts next month. But, I'm temping doing a/p, which was my very first job out of college. It is super strange to be back there, but they're good people, so it's been fun. Finally, I was just hired as the Assistant Company Manager on the new Off-Broadway show Rock of Ages that opens at New World Stages in September. I heart being employed, and although my work path has taken me through Blue Man, [title of show], Rat Pack, The Fantasticks and reasons to be pretty, this will be my very first show to be involved with from production. Yay!

I'm off to bed now, being mentioned all over the blogosphere can wear a girl out.

PS omg you guys, did y'all watch Legally Blonde? How wrong is it that I now want to head to the Palace Theatre and check her out? I have to say, I really loved the finale, and actually found myself nervous for those girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that was you! Nice to know! Thanks for the shout-out, and it's great to have a fellow CM as a reader! Power to the Managers!