Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ok, you caught me

Yes, that's right, I didn't just type that last entry today.  I wrote it about 2 weeks ago, and just never posted it.   I get a little bit of blog entry posting anxiety thinking it won't be good enough.  Time to slay those vampires and get back into the groove, as many things have happened since my last (real) posting from Houston.

#1  Yes, the rumors are true.  I totally quit my job last week.  After many agonizing hours of conversations (not for me, but the people who had to listen to me), it became clear to me that touring in the UK just wasn't a great fit for me.  Additionally, it was causing me to stray pretty far from the flashy, sparkly, song and dance musicals I want to be working on.  So, that's that story.  I'm amazed at all the time I have now.  Not just during the day, but evenings and weekends free?  It's like a dream!  So many, many, many thanks to the people who helped me through that entire process and for putting up with my need to talk through every single scenario that might play out.  

#2  I bought a new computer!  omg.  It's so cute.  I'm completely in love with it.  And...it's a Mac.  Yes, I surely went into the Apple store, and was like, "um, I want one because all my friends have one!"  Thankfully, my sister was with me, so she had many more intelligent questions, while I was like, "ooooh! pretty!"  So anyway, "Mac" my new MacBook Pro has been keeping me very happy with all my new found free time.  And, yes, it's very shiny and new!

#3  [title of show] is going to Broadway!  Though this doesn't really have much to do with me, I am so very happy for them, and I can't wait to see the gang again on the big Broadway stage.  Not that I'd mind being their assistant company manager.  Anyone??

That might be enough for the list of things going on with me.  I'm currently meeting with any company manager who will see me in the hopes of getting something going soon.  So, think good thoughts about that.  

Besides that, I'm just loving relaxing a little bit and getting reacquainted with TiVo.  I saw Sunday in the Park with George and Cry-Baby since I've been back.  I'm still hoping to see Curtains before it closes, and am I the only person on the planet who hasn't seen Spring Awakening yet?  It might be true, and after watching the B-roll on loop for two weeks while I would walk through the lobby of the Hobby Center, I must say I'm intrigued.

Must go get my laundry, then I have to run into the office for a few minutes to print the Amex check and make a phone call or two.  Hope you're all enjoying this lovely weather we're having today!

No comments: