Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Also, I'd like to mention that the other day one of my friends mentioned THIS contraption, and now I am completely obsessed with owning one. Is there anyone out there that is more tech-dorky than I am (um, it is possible). The thought of sitting in my hotel room while being able to watch a million episodes of 30 Rock and Psych makes me happier than anyone in the world. I mean, it was just fine when the writers' strike was going, and I was like, "Peace Out America! There will be NO tv made while I'm here in the UK!" But of course, just to spite me, the strike totes ended and Tina Fey is back at work making tv that makes me hate being overseas. And you know how you can go online to nbc.com or abc.com and catch up on everything you missed for free! Yeah, you can't do that here. Stupid copyright law. I mean, thanks to Em and Nick's super awesome iTunes gift, I'll be able to keep up on my 30 Rock and Office episode, but if I had this Slingbox thing, my life would be totally complete. Those of you who understand my relationship with TiVo know that it's a very special thing. Now, Emily has been taking care of TiVo assuring him that I didn't leave him for someone younger or HDTV-compatible, but if I could sling all my TiVo shows to my pc here in Random City, England. I think he might forgive me for the neglect. Anyway, I just needed that to be said. Back to your lives, and I'm going back to Scrubs. See, I love that I can watch that down here in the lobby, but with this fancy new addition to my life, I can watch it instead of doing petty cash receipts. Amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not allowed to buy a SlingBox in England!

Nick!