Thursday, March 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Oh for the love of all that is holy, it is wonderful to be back in Texas! I can't say it enough. Every morning I've woken up here at some horrifically early hour has brought a smile to my face just to remember that my comfy hotel bed is right here in Houston. It seriously makes me a happy person.


On Tuesday during the load in, I got up with the crew at 5:30, helped Jenna lug over the 7 wardrobe suitcases, made my last airport pickup of the week, then headed back to the theatre. It rained here all day on Monday, and was overcast Tuesday, so when I was finally ready to go outside after arriving here and getting all set up, I paused at the stage door, and asked Bryan, "Do you think the sun is shining outside?" Then we opened the door, and it was like I was in heaven! The sun was shining BRILLIANTLY and there was an amazing blue sky. It was the perfect Texas spring day. I can't tell you the last time I saw the sun like that, but it's been about forever!.


Life on the Pack continues to throw it's challenges at me. We had some sort of crazy sound thing on opening night that led to WAY too many hours of talking about EQ levels and compressors and the like. I mean, what? I was a marketing major for the love, remember that, pretty pictures, catchy slogans? I'm pretty sure the science of sound has something to do with physics, which I only passed because one of the guys in my class had a crush on my lab partner. He was brilliant, and we were hopeless, and I ended up with a B. I can tell you, it wasn't from my vast knowledge of sound design, that's for sure. In any case, last night's performance was about 14,000 times better, so here's hoping that my sound technician days are over.


I tried unsuccessfully to do my payroll up on the roof of the hotel this morning. It seems to be such a shame that I have all this sun and no time to spend in it. Unfortunately, it was windy as heck, so that last about 15 seconds before I was afraid my checks would go blowing off the edge of the 23 floor building!


Someone noticed my Aggie ring today. Whoop!

I started this entry a week ago, so I'm finally posting it and will start a new one momentarily.

No comments: