Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Oh Wait, I have to Unpack this Pecan Pie from my Suitcase First

Oh la readers. It's my first Christmas to be celebrated with my family in two years, and I am so excited. This evening found me returning from work to my mom waiting in my apartment with apple cider, wine, cheese, and cookies. Is there anything better?

Oh yes: you may have heard about this. Keep your fingers crossed that your favorite ACM on the great Off-Broadway scene will soon be making a leap to the Brooks Atkinson theatre with her favorite 80s musical. It's worth saying that ALL THREE of my Off-Broadway CM jobs will be eligible for Tony Awards this year. I'm requiring a golden pony on my new Broadway deal.

I finally headed to the doctor this morning for this ridiculous cough that has been plaguing me for the last umpteen weeks. What promted this visit to the insanly lovely Hirschfeld Clinic (aka beautiful, wonderful doctors that treat my broke, uninsured self for free)? I finally had a coughing fit so awful the other morning that I pulled all of the muscles in my lower back. Ugh. Thankfully, the doctor said that would start feeling better once I stopped coughing. Thanks doc. I'm now on a cocktail of Sudafed, Claritin, Benedryl, and Advil. Oh, and wine. All seem to be helping. Let's hope that insane dose of antihistimines knocks this thing out for once and for all.

Did I mention I can't believe it's already 2 days before Christmas? I apologize to all family and friends for the fact that I haven't realized that. Especially to my 6 year-old goddaughter Kate, who's gift will be late. Thankfully, I haven't set the bar on timeliness very high, so I doubt she's expecting any less.

I think the Benedryl is kicking in, so I'm going to wrap up this entry. Stay warm everyone. It's chilly out there!

No comments: