Thursday, February 7, 2008

Last year in review pt. 2

Ah yes, where did I leave off? I believe it was the end of my 1st tour, so that would land us in June. Though it brought the end of the Rat Pack, it brought the beginning of my working with Sweeney Todd and The Fantasticks, which were both crazy, but fun. I felt fancy being involved with both. I mean, I kid about The Fantasticks a lot, but it really is a sweet show, and the people there were fun to work with. It was just amazing to be anywhere near involved with Sweeney Todd. Yes, booking travel and writing checks isn't the most glamorous part of the business, but I still got to see a final run through sitting two seats away from Stephen Sondheim. FANCY.

So, let's just assume I spent a majority of my hours at the office this past summer and leave it at that.

On to the FUN stuff! My sister moved to NYC in July, which meant new fancy apartment! I finally accepted that life off the island of Manhattan wouldn't be so bad and made the big leap over the East River into Astoria. No longer squished in my wonderful but teeny Upper East Side apartment, our new apartment in Astoria has 2 real bedrooms, CLOSETS, laundry in the basement, and a back porch that we'll eventually be able to use. Brilliant. Emily furnished all the important things like furniture, plates, towels, shower curtains, silverware, napkin rings, etc. and I bought new tv. That sounds about right, doesn't it? At first my mom was worries that with Em supplying all the homey things, I might not feel like I was at home. That is, until she came to visit for Christmas and saw the shiny toast, the fancy microwave, my beloved HDTV, and TiVo. Then was was quick to recant that thought, stating it was very evident that I indeed had made myself at home in the ways that are important to me! Pics of the new place are here...it's been a process while Emily arranges all our furniture, but it sure makes my world a wonderful place when I come back from tour. Maybe I'll have Em take some pics of how it looks now, just so my Aunt Tori isn't reading this worried that it still looks barren. To this I say, no worries, Tori, I live with Emily now!

August saw the first of two fantastic family weddings. My cousin David was married to Meredith at a lovely ceremony in Green Bay. Complete with fantastic band and a firework display, and mini hamburgers when we left the reception! We all love Meredith! It was so nice saying goodbye knowing that we would all be together again in a short month! It should also be noted that very shortly after this wedding, my cousin Kristin welcomed baby #4 to the Cafferty clan. Here's a pic of baby Bridget. Seriously, she's even cuter than this!

In September, we reconvened in beautiful Door County, WI to celebrate the marriage of David's brother, Richard to Jamie. We are all so happy to welcome another fantastic girl to the mix! Richard and Jamie's wedding was complete with a Packers groom's cake and wonderful outside dance floor. Not to mention all the great shopping we were able to do! Fantastic!

The show's coming down now, and so I will post this now and leave my Rat Pack Tour adventures for another post!

No comments: